Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Dress up your light fixture with crystal garland!



We recently installed a beautiful light fixture in our dining room.  I fell in love with this light fixture immediately and it adds such a "wow" factor to the space.  We also installed Stikwood in the tray ceiling which is an incredible product made out of reclaimed wood.  Well, the wood chandelier against the wood ceiling just did not have enough contrast so I decided to add just a tiny bit of sparkle to give the chandelier a "pop", against the wood ceiling.  You can read more about that project here

Here is a before shot of our beautiful chandelier!  This is also before we installed the Stikwood ceiling and before we lightened the space with a cool gray-blue paint color. You can see that the chandelier is beautiful and could certainly stand alone without any embellishment.  At the same time, what girl does not love a little bit of sparkle?  I knew that I had to add a little bit of glam to this fixture but at the same time, I did not want to overdo it. 


I ordered some crystal garland from Amazon here and I attached the garland with eyelet hooks.  In order to secure the eyelet hooks to the fixture, I made a tiny hole on each arm of the chandelier with a push pin.  Then I attached the eyelet hook to the fixture using the hole from the push pin.  I then draped the crystal beads from arm to arm until I had gone all the way around the fixture.  After I was satisfied with the garland placement, I added Crystal Beads to accentuate the garland. 






This was really a very easy and also very inexpensive project.  The payoff was huge!  This once understated chandelier now just commands attention and delivers such a statement!  I love how it turned out and I really did get a great deal on this fixture.  The fixture can be found at Overstock and Amazon and it is still available here

Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you are having a wonderful week!  Be sure to post comments or pictures if you decide to use this tutorial for a light fixture that you having laying around!  






No comments:

Post a Comment