Friday, January 4, 2019

Fabulous Frugal Farmhouse Find!


It seems like most if not all retailers have jumped on the farmhouse bandwagon these days.  Everyone from Target to Pier One has some type of Magnolia line influenced by the highly successful Fixer Upper series.  I love Joanna's style and it seems like much of the rest of the country does as well. When shopping for some farmhouse style pillows recently, I went to some of my usual favorite haunts and I found two pillows that were so similar, I could hardly believe that the cost of one pillow was literally ten times the cost of its similar counterpart despite that the quality of both pillows was quite comparable.

Exhibit A is the Magnolia Home Joslin Oversized pillow from Pier 1 that you can find right here .  This is a 22" pillow that gets 4.6 stars out of 5 from online reviewers.  Most reviews say that the pillow is beautiful but some reviewers complain that the pillow is stiff and itchy.   I personally thought that the price tag was a little on the spendy side at $89 for a single pillow so I passed.


On my way home, I stopped at Hobby Lobby and while most people know that Hobby Lobby has fabulous home decor, wall art, and seasonal items, I don't think that everyone is  aware of the tiny section of the store where the pillow covers are located.  What's better than that is that Hobby Lobby frequently offers half-off sales on their pillow covers and they just happen to have one of those sales going on right now!  The regular price of this pillow $17.99 which is still reasonable compared to the the Pier1 pillow but at half off, it's a downright bargain!  If you don't happen to catch these pillows on sale, you can always download a 40% off any one item to your phone from the Hobby Lobby Website.   You can imagine which pillow I decided to go home with #nobrainer!  Although this pillow is 18" square and not 22" like the pillow from Pier1, it is still more than adequate in size and it very soft and not at all stiff or scratchy. 



So here are the Hobby Lobby pillows resting nicely on my sofa.  I love that the covers are removable and I can throw them in the wash.  The Christmas decorations are still up so don't judge!  These really are great pillows and a perfect neutral color to coordinate with most any decor.  Hobby Lobby has an even greater selection of pillow covers online and if you subscribe to their mailing list, they will let you know when they have free shipping promotions.  So there you have it!  I hope you find these pillows to be as wonderful as I have.  I will continue to share great finds like these when I happen upon them!

Till then, have a great New Year and I would love to learn if any of you have tried these pillows out yourselves!

Sláinte

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment